A fellow of the IISA (FIISA) is a practicing professional who can operate in senior management positions or manage specialist insurance divisions or specialist insurance operations such as an intermediary or underwriting management agency.
Fellows can operate in either a sales, policy administrative, risk management, underwriting or claims capacity within a specialist insurance environment such as engineering, construction, motor fleet, liability, guarantee, accident or other specialist insurance.
A FIISA member is able to:
- Anticipate the impact of external and internal changes on their own business and the wider insurance market, and to review business policies or processes to ensure continued ethical business is conducted.
- Evaluate trends in company performance data and identifies the products and approaches required to achieve key business objectives.
- Challenge existing customer processes and procedures within the business and industry to improve the customer experience.
- Manage departments and specialist areas of insurance within insurance companies, broking houses or underwriting management agencies.
Fellows of the IISA have completed either a:
- Programme in Risk Management or
- BComm with Short-Term Insurance
In addition, fellows are required to have proven themselves in personal development and management abilities, and have five years’ industry experience, including one year as a practising associate member.
© 2016 IISA. All rights reserved.